Bold Approaches to Fierce Conversations
No matter their position, status or setting, nutrition professionals often face challenging situations that require difficult conversations. Establishing consensus with colleagues in a collaborative environment, giving a patient or client a tough bit of news, addressing a sensitive situation in the office – these very different scenarios all require effective communication and a confident presence . In this interactive session, renowned consultant Cindy Novotny will equip you with skills and tools you can use to master tricky situations in ways that will maximize your strengths while suiting your personality. Leave prepared to have any fierce conversation!
Planned with the Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Construct conversations from a foundation of confidence and compassion
- Identify behavior styles, and adjust to your own style for best outcomes
- Demonstrate approaches that leverage your expertise and establish a position of trust
- 2.1.6 Evaluates the effectiveness of the communication.
- 2.2.5 Demonstrates conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- 3.1.1 Identifies strengths and opportunities for self-improvement and improvement in others.
Egondu Onuoha, MS, RD, CDN, IBCLC, RLC, CDE, FAND, GPC
Vice President, Real Estate, WIC and Business Development
The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Cindy Novotny, Speaker
Master Connection Associates (MCA)