Food Allergy Clinic: A Look Behind the Scene
The spectrum of food allergies will be explored using case studies. Case studies will include a patient with IgE, EoE and FPIES diagnosis. Each patient will be followed from diagnosis to resolution with integrated patient/caregiver perspective to provide participants with a peek behind the curtain of the emotional impact of food allergy diagnoses.
Planned with Mead Johnson Nutrition
- Explain appropriate avoidance and nutritional management of food allergies
- Differentiate oral food challenges for IgE and non-IgE mediated food allergies
- Describe the emotional impact of food allergy diagnoses from a patient/caregiver perspective
- 9.3.5 Uses a variety of strategies to deliver a plan of care or learning plan.
- 9.2.4 Collaborates with learner(s) and colleagues
to formulate specific, measurable and attainable
objectives and goals.
- 10.2.4 Integrates foundational dietetics knowledge
with critical appraisal of assessment data to
diagnose nutrition problems (using problem
solving, etiology, signs and symptoms [PES]
statements), which can be resolved or improved
through treatment or nutrition intervention.
Project Coordinator Medical Exhibits
Jessica Thornton, RDN, LDN
RB Health/Mead Johnson Nutrition
Raquel Durban, MS, RD, CSP, LDN