A Comprehensive Approach to Eating Disorders: The Future of Practice
The registered dietitian nutritionist is essential in the treatment of eating disorders. This session will leave you engaged, entertained, and inspired to integrate the newly published Standards of Practice and Professional Performance for Eating Disorders from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics into your clinical practice.
This interactive case-study presentation will include topics such as culinary medicine therapies, legislative advocacy, advancing educational offerings, and impact of nutritional neuropsychology on feeding behaviors. Attendees will offer live feedback through audience polling to guide the course of treatment throughout the presentation. Practical lessons in professionalism and medical ethics from veterans in the field of eating disorder treatment will also be discussed. Furthermore, attendees will gain essential training necessary for all RDNs who will encounter this population in practice–especially those seeking specialization.
- Describe variations of clinical responsibilities between the RDN, CEDRD, and CEDRD-S in the treatment of eating disorders through an interactive case study.
- List three unintentional clinical nutrition interventions that impair eating disorder recovery.
- Design comprehensive MNT and biopsychosocial treatment intervention for an individual engaged in recovery from an eating disorder using a holistic, multidisciplinary approach.
- 9.2.4 Collaborates with learner(s) and colleagues
to formulate specific, measurable and attainable
objectives and goals.
- 6.2.4 Disseminates research or performance
improvement outcomes to advance knowledge,
change practice and enhance effectiveness of
- 10.1.3 Works collaboratively with the
interdisciplinary team (including NDTRs) to
identify and implement valid and reliable nutrition
screening to support access to care.
Melainie Rogers, MS, RDN, CDN, CEDRD-S
Balance Eating Disorder Treatment Center
Megan Kniskern, MS, RD, LD/N, CEDRD-S
MAK Nutrition Services
Tammy Beasley, RDN, CEDRD-S, CSSD, LD
Vice President of Clinical Nutrition Services
April Hackert, MS, RDN, LD, CEDRD-S
Psychiatric Culinary Medicine Research Dietitian
Choose to Change Nutrition Services